Saturday, June 14, 2008

Let it Rain

Despite the fact that I am a sun-filled Leo by birth, and a sun worshipper by trade, there is nothing more soothing to me than a thunderstorm. One that is filled with gigantic, pounding raindrops, lots of lightning and the roar of thunder. When the sun-filled skies turn to the deep menacing grey and the storm rolls in, I turn to the most introspective of places and find myself wanting to get soaking wet, open the windows and let the storm take hold. To me its the most therapeutic of sounds, almost as if the world is making all this noise, and I can be quiet and just enjoy the feeling it has on me.

I realize many people do not have the same thoughts about such moments -- Wanting to run inside vs. having the rain soak their clothes. But I am different, and I guess thats what makes me, me.

Today my weekend of nothing began with a trip to Hudson Pier to soak up some sun. The sun was shining, the air was hot and it was everything I wanted. Yeah, New York! And around 3:30PM I headed back home, and hit a street fair on my way back to the village. In the time it took me to buy a pashmina and have a conversation with my friend in San Diego, the blue skies were less sunny and a storm was on the horizon.

I came home, opened the windows, and prepared for the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment