Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Where I've been.

It hit me on the flight to Roma yesterday that I have not blogged in a while. I haven't written at all, really. I've been to the gym a few times but its not working out for me. I've left New York and delayed my plans to Europe three times.

In the six weeks since I left New York, so much has happened, things that never happen to Paige Miller. Not in this lifetime so far anyway.

I have been happy to be in my hometown, day-in, day-out. I've loved seeing people that I have known since childhood. I've enjoyed seeing the families they have created. I've enjoyed seeing how the small town I grew up in has grown up and changed. Still far from a cosmopolitan place, but now there are drinking establishments and places to hang out in the evenings.

I have seen both my mom and sister on a bi-weekly basis. THIS has not happened since high school -- EVER.

I realized there was mouse in my house and caught it and handled it myself. Even after 7.5 years of living in NYC I NEVER learned to do this.

I have been hanging out with a SOUTHERN BOY for the past two months (every single day), and after those two months, I like him more everyday since day 1. We get along like 'peas and carrots' and I actually miss him when I have not seen him in several hours. We've talked about the future, and I haven't gotten scared... once!

I have a new job I am excited about, and proud that I will finally be helping others attain a higher education vs. trying to come up with strategies to hock jaguars and shampoo.

The biggest thing though, is I am putting together a life I want in all aspects -- job, friends, family, love, me. Sure it may not be in the location I expected, but the way the sum of the parts add up there is no feeling that a city can provide that beats it.

Its all coming together in ways I could not imagine, and I could not be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment