Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Day for Me

This morning I returned to my neighborhood, and in many ways I returned to myself. How I ever thought I could live on the UES is beyond me. I am such a down-towner. But back in my old stomping grounds, the pain of the past few days subsided a bit and I could do all the things I love to do on a Sunday afternoon. And I did.

I had Brunch at the Smith with my cousin. Which was fabulous and lovely.

I went to see a movie by myself, which has not happened in forever.

I have spent the evening hours snuggled at my favorite cafe with a glass of wine, taking care of work business.

Its nice to get back to the things I love, and the things I have missed for so long. I am not sure why I did not do them before, maybe it was for thinking that I couldn't do them alone since I was part of a pair, regardless, it felt good to do what I WANTED to do for a change.

Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment