Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Board of Paige

Since getting back to the office this week -- after celebrating my 32nd year on Sunday -- I decided to tidy up. Posters that were hanging around, found a place on the wall -- as did my mirror and fans from Spain. The other item to find a spot on my bulletin board.

On it, I have several postcards from my travels, two family photos, two quotes I like a lot, four birthday cards -- one with a sun flower, and another of the sun -- and a 'girls rule' card my sister sent me as I started the year. My board is AWESOME.

But as its 8:11PM and I am still at work, something dawned on me as I was looking at it.

This is my office. I am at work. And this board is something straight out of a college dorm room!

I call it inspiration, my boss would probably call it a mess.

But two thoughts have stemmed from this recent observation.

1) Given my year as a nomad, I often feel more comfortable and at home in my tiny office with the red couch and pink rug. Its been the most consistent landing spot for me thus far this year.

2) Shouldn't I have status reports, calendars or something hanging prominently on this board? I guess we know where my priorities are!

No comments:

Post a Comment