Tuesday, November 4, 2008

And I'm Proud to be an American....AND A NEW YORKER!

This morning, MY ROOMMATE had me up at 5:50AM and out to vote. Very early indeed.

But if truth be known, Josh got up to vote at 5:50AM and I was way too excited about today's election to even try and sleep. When we arrived at our polling place (literally 50 feet from our Apt... isn't city life grand?), I was shocked that about 50 people were in line ahead of us.

Ladies and gentlemen, Senator McCain did not cause this to happen. And truth be known, it is probably just the nature of democratic NYCers to get up early and go vote to make sure their vote is counted. But I think part of this turnout is a result of the fantastic campaign my candidate (OBAMA! OBAMA!) has led. People (very much like me) who were never caught up in politics because candidates never seemed relevant or interested in my issues, have been pledging their support for OBAMA for months now... and I sincerely hope that when all the votes are counted at the end of the day, he is our next president. This morning I was so proud of my country to allow him to go this far in the presidential race. I was so proud to cast my vote. And I was so proud to have the choice.

Like anyone, I want my guy to win. And tonight, if that happens I don't think the words are "Go-BAMA", but GO-AMERICA. Its been a long time coming, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment