Friday, November 7, 2008

Beep! Beep! Coming through!

Have you ever run into someone and immediately thought, "what in the hell is their problem?" That was my morning today, and I am still living in the aftermath.

To get people to a meeting this morning at the office, I went around the hallways with a cup of joe reminding everyone that the meeting was starting. As is usual with my role at the agency, my role was to loudly remind people, ie., nothing was being said in a passive "I am not here" tone. While rounding the corner of the 7th floor, out of know where this woman smacks into me, spilling coffee EVERYWHERE. Seriously, both of our shirts were destroyed, my hair was soaked, and while I am thinking "WTF??!!", the other woman shouts "Damn it! YOU'VE destroyed my shirt. I have to go home. I can't stay here like this!" All the while I am thinking, "You? YOU ran into me. I was standing here talking to people and YOU ran into me..." Maybe it is true that he who shouts the loudest wins, because she truly felt like I did this to her. When everyone watching saw it was the other way around... she was just obviously way more upset about it than me. So we both head to the Ladies where she is trying to fix her shirt, while I AM DRYING MY HAIR WITH PAPERTOWELS. Um, hello? Who is more put-out here? Plus, I had a meeting in 3 minutes.

So anyway, me being me, offered her a tshirt from a fundraiser from a few week's ago. She then had the audacity to ask if the agency was going to pay her dry cleaning bill? SERIOUSLY? Her shirt was basically a men's button up, hardly the type you dry clean. But she asked the question...

So now 7 hours later, I am still sitting in my coffee stained shirt -- I have been told it looks very designer! (Yeah right, does all designer clothing come with this foul smell?) And I have had to explain to all my interviews today what happened and why I am a mess. And my hair reeks of coffee.

What a day! But honestly, what can you do but grin, and wear it!

1 comment: