Sunday, February 15, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For...You just might get it.

The one thing I said at the start of this year, is I want to be a nomad in all aspects of my life. I didn't want to be tied to a lease, a person, a job or anything else that doesn't support me finding my best self and my soul's purpose.

And while almost two months later, my wish not altered in anyway, its shocking how much of what I wished for is happening. Seriously, shocking.

I've written about the pending lay-offs at work, and how I have a big discussion on Tuesday with my boss who still has a job (for now). So that is very much TBD.

Then this morning I find out that I will not be able to stay in my apartment through March as I had hoped, which makes the whole idea of getting on a plane bound for Rome much more enticing and much more realistic...maybe as early as the 2nd week in March!

Its all so nutty. Everything I said I wanted -- to travel, to find out what career path to persue, to live alone, to find real love, to bask in the friendships I have made in NYC (both old and new) -- is starting to reveal itself. Granted everything still needs some time to percolate... but as I have reached out to my friends in my time of need, they have more than supported me, and in the process I have met new and interesting people -- some that I have shared a glass of wine or funny stories over coffee; some that I not interested in seeing again; some that I have seen and shared bottles of wine with and hope to share more as these new friendships become what they will. And trying new things and being close to my NYC family, has allowed me to reconnect with parts of myself that seemed to be lost, and in finding these I am reconnecting with my passions and what I want out of life and a career, and ultimately everything I ever wanted.

Slowly but surely its all coming together. And what they say IS true... Build it, and they will come. Ask, and you shall receive. Knock, and the door will be open. The greatest disservice we ever do for ourselves is to not ask for what we want most. Because when your truth and your hearts desire is written on your soul, the universe always answers...just sometimes a little more quickly than you might expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment