Friday, February 6, 2009

Man Disorder 101

Whenever I meet a guy (or anyone for that matter) who is not as passionate about food and dining out as I am, I get a little concerned. At least when I try and imagine spending any time with them. I mean I love all aspects of food, from grocery shopping, to preparing a meal, to going out, to reading about restaurants and perusing menus weeks in advance of visiting a new spot. I am a foodie.

I don't put many limitations on what I eat, except that it has to be what I want. 80% of the time my choices are of the healthy variety, and because of that I let myself eat whatever I want pretty much all the time. I am female. I am 5'4" and I weigh 110 lbs. I maintain my weight in portion control, and I never skip meals or desert.

Many of my girl friends are the same way. Recently, I have found more guys who have a crazy aversion to food, and quite interestingly they are all from NYC. You would think that growing up here would lead to a more healthy attitude towards food but that doesn't seem to be the case. In fact just last night a guy told me "I love food! There are just 4 things I don't eat." I expected him to say licorice, or liver, or something other than "bread, potatoes, pasta and rice"... I mean that has to be some kind of disorder when you refuse to eat carbs, right? To me, it just seems so odd to hear coming from a guy! Its such a turn-off.

I understand 100% about cutting back from time to time, but not EVER eating bread? Or pasta? Come on, be a man!

No comments:

Post a Comment