Friday, February 13, 2009

Cha-cha-changes...

So the fallout of my boss getting ousted has left me more startled than I originally anticipated. Last night after meeting up with friends after work, I realized I needed to get home and figure things out... for me. Mainly, because after hearing the news I met with my other boss (our COO) who basically told me she could not guarantee I was not on "the list"... simply because she doubted my commitment. And I really don't blame her. Just a few weeks ago I sat in her office telling her I needed to take time off for me, which doesn't really show a great sign of commitment you know?

As I have thought about her question and the answer I must give her this upcoming Tuesday (God, if my horoscope could not be more intune with my life right now... ), the one thing that keeps coming to mind is a word of advice from a many, many years ago, "Only commit to the things that support you and your being your best self."

And as this year began, those words echoed in my head constantly as I walked away from my past relationship. And now as I contemplate my next career move they echo even louder. Because I can't commit to a career that I am not in love with, I can't commit to a company that doesn't support me and my needs. What is the point? Its up to me to live my best life and I have to do what I need to do.

I need to travel. I need to get back into the part of advertising I like, if not love. I need to pursue relationships that honor the things I cherish about life - passion, fun, honesty, truth, growth and true friendship. I need to continue down the path I started down when I landed in NYC on January 3, its the only way I will ever be happy. And if it means making the list... well, then c'e la vie! Its going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment