Thursday, March 19, 2009

10 Funny Things

Being in the world for 10 days, stopping in four different cities, and getting used to life out of a suitcase, I have been able to observe myself in a different way than I have at any other point in my life. Most of my days are spent with me, as are most of my nights.

In ten days, here are ten quirky things that I have observed about myself:

1) I will talk to myself if I think no one is listening.

2) I am kind of afraid of the dark, and will leave the curtain open to be a "night light".

3) The word castles and fortress appeal to my dreamy side and immediately make the day's agenda. (What do I think I am going to find, a prince??!!)

4) I can be a bit of an asshole and assume that guidebooks are wrong and are leading me no where... and then ta-da, I end up being right where they say I should.

5) When it comes to lodging I am a bit high maintenance. I need a room on the highest floor possible, facing the street, and far from elevators/staircases.

6) I always think I am "Merlin the Magician" when it comes to packing, and of course everything is going to fit inside my suitcase. I just wave my wand and "abbracadabra!"...Unfortunately at that point, my clothes have not shrunk and my bag has not gotten any bigger.

7) If I don't get enough sleep (ie., more than 4 hours) I turn into a very sensitive and emotional soul and I am bound to find something -- either beautiful or sad -- to get weepy about especially if there is music involved.

8) I dislike routines. There has not been two days that I have gotten up at the same time, gone to bed at the same time, had a meal at the same time or done remotely close to the same thing.

9) I don't have a need for TV. Two of the four places I have stayed have had them and I have not even bothered to turn them on to see if they work.

10) "Life is (always) too short" for money to be an option when its something I really want to do.

So that's me in 10 days. By the time I make it back to the States, I am going to be such a dork... but a well traveled dork, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment