Monday, March 2, 2009

My Favorite Moments of 2009... (So Far)

This has been such an exciting and fulfilling year...and its only one-sixth over! There have been so many fun times that I have spent with some of the most amazing people that I could ever ask to know, and many of whom I feel blessed to call friends. So as I prepare for the next two months of travel and imagine the memories that will be made on the road, I want to pause and reflect on my favorite moments of this year...

1) Fantastic champagne brunches in fancy dining rooms over looking the park with special friends (thanks EE for turning the most difficult day of my life into one of the most fun moments imaginable)

2) Watching my best friend say "yes" to the love of his life. (the reception lasted into 2009 so it technically counts!)

3) Saying yes to myself and allowing myself to fight for, and have, the life I always wanted.

4) Asking my boss to take a sabbatical and her saying yes.

5) Getting to play "big sister" to my little sis after a night of too much fun.

6) "Bang on the Loose"... and all the other silly moments that led to the many songs that were either altered or made up on the fly.

7) Getting to have a "Paige Day" with my mom in my favorite city.

8) Hitting the slopes with a fun crew in January... George you are a rockstar, especially with Cool Rock Tape #5!

9) Getting "Carried Away" in Harlem by George Straight.

10) Sipping champagne in to-go cups while getting lost in the village.

BONUS) Realizing my life is pretty damn fantastic and will continue to be that way as long as I allow it.

Classiest moment of 2009: Falling off a stool while on a date. (Hey, my life may be fantastic, but I will always be a klutz!)

Saddest moment 0f 2009: Giving Jazz away.

Most Liberating Moment of 2009: Buying my ticket to Europe.

Most Unexpected Moment: Getting asked on date in the middle of breaking up with someone.

Scariest Moment: Lasik surgery

Coziest moment of 2009: Jazz, fireplace, a glass of port while the snow falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment