Friday, January 6, 2012

Campaign 2012

Obviously, I am on the New Year's kick. Obviously, I need to get over it fast -- as its driving myself crazy, as well!

Its my belief that each year have its own tagline, or campaign if you will. If I run down my campaigns for the past three years, it looks a little something like this:

2009: This is me, hear me roar.
2010: Time for something new.
2011: The Year of the Broken Compass (or We will figure it out somehow.)

This year's tagline is a bit different.

One thing that has been missing in my life the past two years is something I am most passionate about, and that is writing. So the idea of writing needed to be incorporated.

Something else that has been missing recently, is the sense of being present. As more often than not, I am either 6 months into the future or digging around in the past. Neither of which is extremely positive or productive.

So, this year's campaign?

"I 'write' here." (Period, no exclamation point)

This is my year to do what I love to do, wherever I happen to be, wherever I happen to go. Because truly, I am right here. And all I want to do is write, share my story, and hopefully somebody out there will want to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment